The function of an enzyme is explained by the lock and key theory: the active site of an enzyme (the lock) has a specific shape in which only the precise amount of substrate (the key) will fit – forming an enzyme-substrate complex (the product).
Catalase can speed up the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide as the shape of its active site matches the shape of the hydrogen peroxide molecule. This type of reaction is an anabolic reaction (when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules).
Enzymes are able to increase the rate of reaction without actually being consumed in the process. Small quantities at low temperatures are able to produce results, which would normally require high temperatures and a violent reaction from any normal chemical means. Although increases in temperature may speed up the reaction, the heat will also denature the enzymes and make them unstable. All enzymes are catalysts (a substance that causes or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affec
- Home Lift Manufacturers
- Best Term Life Insurance Policy for NRI in US | NRI Life Insurance
- Shop for Eid dresses, outfit collection for women at Diya online
- Torque Tester Digital
- Kaspersky Antivirus Support +1-888-230-0999 Kaspersky Helpline
- Buy Stitched Pant Saree and dhoti saree for wedding In India
- ERP for Plastic Industry India
- Spiritual healing works
- Bracelet of ethereum osrs ge free wiki live price in usd
- Wise PR Rebrands as Wise Collective
- Category: SEO
- Tags: effect of enzyme concentrations on oxygen production